Join us for a unique opportunity to visit the undervalued and undiscovered great wines of Eastern Europe. Each course will be led by a wine professional of the specific region. The dinner will feature the following food and wines:
1) Moldovan summer salad with house greens, herring, and smoked paprika vinagrette, served with 3 wines from Moldova, showcased by Serghei Gulceac of Sarego Imports:
- Crisecco brut, sparkling feteasca alba
- Fetasca Alba, Vinairia din Vale (light citrusy and crisp white)
- Rara neagara de Purcari (bold intense red)
2) Classic borscht with beef, beets, potatoes, cabbage, and traditional sour cream, served with 3 wines from Bulgaria, showcased by Rhys Davies of Parallel 43:
- Line Chardonnay (slightly orange chardonnay...delicious!)
- Line Pinot Noir (delightfully classic Pinot!)
- Bouquet (indigenous Bulgarian varietal- flowers and spice)
3) Slow-cooked chicken paprikash, traditional entree of hungary, served with paprika cream sauce and house gnocchi, alongside 3 wines from Hungary, showcased by Jason McKechnie of Twisted Vines.
-Kiralyudvar Furmint Sec (dry furmint, gorgeously complex white)
-Peter Wetzer Kekfrankos (light, fresh, complex bing cherry red)
-Oremus late harvest furmint (a dessert wine of the ages, to be savored)
House made whiskey raisin apple pie will be featured for dessert.
See you there!