Join us to taste some outstanding and surprising wines from all over the world. We’re aiming for wines that are stylistically or regionally surprising and unexpected, but at the same time utterly quaffable and delicious. Also, many of the wines would work splendidly at the holiday meal table as we ease into this festive season. Of course they would make excellent talking points as well! We’ll have white wines vinified from red grapes, white wines that have been made like reds and buried underground for months, wines that have been thoroughly cooked into excellence, a rosé from the inner city (the heart of hipsterdom!), dry red wines that sparkle, and some excellent concentrated reds from Lebanon and Texas…you heard that right! Texas!
-This class is going to be quite fun, educational, and the wines are truly exceptional!
-Tasting class led by Wine Director & Certified Sommelier Jason McKechnie.
-Light and thoughtful pairings will accompany the wines.
WHEN: Sunday, November 1st. Tasting begins at 5 PM.
WHAT: 9 wines and light food pairing!
- Von Buhl Riesling Sekt (Germany)
- Foundi Xinomavro Blanco (Greece)
- Pheasant's Tears Amber Rkatsiteli (Georgia, the country that is)
- Brooklyn Oenology Cab Franc Rose (Brooklyn)
- Padthaway Jip Jip Rocks Sparkling Shiraz (Australia)
- McPherson Cellars Tre Colore (Texas, the country that is)
- Chataeu Musar Jeune Rouge (Lebanon)
- Bugey Cerdon Sparkling Gamay (France)
- Blandy's Rainwater Madeira (Portugal)